The Asset in Service status is used when repairs have been completed and the unit has already been picked/paid by the customer. This will automatically let the customer know the asset has already left the shop and is back in service.
To update the case status to Asset in Service:
- Open your location from the Portal.
- In the top menu bar, click Cases.
- From the All Cases page, click the related case number.
- At the top of the Editing Case page, click ASSET IN SERVICE.
- On the Choose Notification Recipients modal, select notification recipients from the list.
- Enter your notes.
- To enter a previously saved response, click SELECT A SAVED RESPONSE and select a response from the dropdown menu.
- To create a new saved response, enter notes in the field and click NEW. You will then be able to select that response in the future from the dropdown menu.
- To delete an old response from the saved response dropdown menu, click on the response in the SELECT A SAVED RESPONSE dropdown menu, then click DELETE.
- Click OK.
An acknowledgment message along with a date and time stamp will be captured in the Conversation section of the case.
The repair status will update to Complete (gone), and the follow-up time will be created for a certain number of hours after you clicked ASSET IN SERVICE. The number of hours is determined by your administrator. A message will display telling you how many hours was added to create the follow-up time.