Bi-Directional Mobile Communications Overview
Decisiv has introduced a new set of features to support bi-directional mobile communications. This communication includes support for SMS text messaging, as well as access to a mobile version of case for notes and estimate approvals. With the new features, SMS text notifications can be provided to customer contacts for case notes and for case status changes tied to the Quick Action Buttons, including Check-in, Request for Approval, Asset Ready, and Asset in Service. Contacts that receive SMS text notifications will be able to reply in one of two modes of communication, depending on which mode is set by the administrative user of a service provider.
- In the first mode, a customer contact can reply directly to the last message received via text messaging. In addition, each SMS text notification includes a link that a contact can click to go to the mobile version of Case where they can review and reply to any notes in a case, as well as review and approve, defer, or decline estimates at the line item level.
- In the second mode, a customer contact may only communicate via the mobile version of Case. The contact will NOT be able to reply directly via SMS text messaging. Instead, the user would click the link in the notification to communicate via the mobile version of Case, same as in the first mode.
NOTE: Please contact your OEM to enable administrative permissions for mobile communications.
Bi-Directional Mobile Communications Help Article Summaries
This article provides a summary of each of the Bi-Directional Mobile Communications Help Articles on the following topics:
- Administration: Enabling the Reply via SMS Text Feature
- Creating Customer Contacts
- Managing Customer Contacts
- Inviting Contacts into Cases
- Text & Mobile Communications
- Sending Mobile Estimates for Customer Approval
Here's a video demonstration of these topics.
Administration: Enabling the Reply via SMS Text Feature
When the bi-directional mobile communications features are initially enabled for a service provider location:
the OEM will prescribe which mode of operation will be the default for all service locations in the OEM service network --
- the first mode of operation (mobile version of case plus direct reply to SMS text), or
- the second mode (mobile version of case only)
- the OEM will also prescribe whether or not the service provider administrative users will be able to change the mode from one to the other.
If the service provider administrative users have the permission to change the mode of operation, they will be able to enable or disable direct replies to SMS text messages. Enabling it allows contacts to communicate via the mobile version of Case plus direct reply to SMS text messages. Disabling it allows contacts to communicate via the mobile version of Case only, with no ability for contacts to reply directly to SMS text messages.
Click here to go to the Bi-Directional Mobile Communications - Administration: Enabling the Reply via SMS Text Feature article.
Creating Customer Contacts
Service provider users can create customer contacts and enable them for email and SMS text notifications. This is helpful in situations when adding new contacts to existing customers or when setting up a new customer for the first time. Contacts can be created one of three ways:
- by the Case Information page (often filled in during case intake)
- by visiting the customer contacts list from within the case, and
- by searching for the customer profile and visiting the contacts list.
A contact can be created as a one-time contact for a given case, or as an ongoing contact that will be available for future use.
Click here to go to the Bi-Directional Mobile Communications - Creating Customer Contacts article.
Managing Customer Contacts
Once customer contacts are created, users can also:
- update contacts,
- delete contacts, and
- merge two contact records for the same person into a single contact record.
This is helpful when contacts want their notification preferences adjusted or need to be removed from the customer's contact list, as well as eliminating duplicate contact records for the same person.
Click here to go to the Bi-Directional Mobile Communications - Managing Customer Contacts article.
Inviting Contacts into Cases
If a contact isn't already available as a recipient of case notifications, users can invite them into a case to start receiving both SMS text and email notifications for that case. Inviting a contact to a case is especially helpful when there is not already a fleet user or an existing primary/driver contact. Inviting them makes them available as recipients in both the case notes and Quick Action Buttons.
Click here to go to the Bi-Directional Mobile Communications - Inviting Contacts into Cases article.
Text & Mobile Communications
Contacts with a mobile number and SMS text notifications enabled can receive SMS text messages for case notes, status updates, and estimates. Each SMS text notification will include a brief description as to what it's regarding, and a link that takes the contact to either a mobile notes page or the mobile version of the estimate.
Click here to go to the Bi-Directional Mobile Communications - Text & Mobile Communications article.
Sending Mobile Estimates for Customer Approval
Contacts with a mobile number and SMS text notifications enabled can receive, review, approve, decline, and/or defer estimate items, as well as view estimate history from their mobile device. Each time a service provider prepares an estimate and uses the Request Approval Quick Action Button to the selected contact, they will receive a notification providing access to the mobile estimate for review and approval.
Click here to go to the Bi-Directional Mobile Communications - Sending Mobile Estimates for Customer Approval article.